We fall asleep each night to a cool breeze coming in through the wide open windows and wake up each morning to the sound of the birds. Every weekend is packed with feel good adventures (hikes to the river, bike rides, hangs by the pool, berry picking, farmer’s markets, brunch with friends). I’m getting outside, witnessing the beauty and resiliency of nature, moving my body, and breaking a sweat every day, eating food straight from the dirt, and making time for friends and community. Despite all the wrong in the world, I feel hopeful for the first time in a long time. All of this is thanks to an impulsive move back to the country. Here’s to trusting your gut, being the change, letting go of the need for certainty, and living your best life. Big hugs to all of you! Continue reading for the recipe for this summery charred zucchini with toasted pine nut relish, yogurt, and mint and some link love…
- Laura’s vibrant cold veg and mango noodles with hot honey sesame dressing sound perfect for a summer picnic.
- Lily’s #honestinsta campaign has me feeling less alone and so inspired by humanity’s innate drive to create supportive and healthy communities.
- I can’t wait to participate in Andrea’s Local Thirty campaign. I’m excited to explore my connection to food and reevaluate what sustainability means to me. I hope you’ll join me!
- The Sugarpine Drive-In is coming to Troutdale on July 12th and I can’t wait to eat all the soft serve! Hope to see you there.
- This book on the mind body connection.
*This post was sponsored by Diamond Nuts. Thank you for supporting my work by supporting my sponsors. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Charred Zucchini with Toasted Pine Nut Relish, Yogurt, and Mint
Serves 2 (as a side)