Hi friends! I spent last week in VT and wanted to share some photos from our time there with you along with some links to some of our favorite things to do and eat. I’ll be back next week with a vibrant summer recipe for you.
- This is our new favorite swimming hole. There are plenty of flat rocks to lounge on/jump off of and three deep pools for swimming.
- These maple creemees put the rest to shame. Sooo good! P.S. The small is not small.
- There are creative and sustainable food businesses all over Vermont. I was excited to learn about a few new ones during our visit including this delicious solar powered, naturally leavened bread, these stone ground corn tortillas made by a college friend and this local sunflower oil.
- This bakery was started by another college friend and has become wildly popular. They’re transitioning to dinner and I can’t wait to visit next time we’re in town.
- We always enjoy grabbing wood fired pizza at this family run place when they’re open. It’s all outdoor seating and BYO. On summer evenings families come with kids and picnic blankets to enjoy good food and the sunset. Pick up some english muffins to go.
- This is still my favorite grocery store/community gathering place ever. Anders usually visits with old friends while I shop.
- We hiked some of our favorite trails and enjoyed some impromptu swimming and some great views.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat to see what I’m up to while I’m travelling. And if you haven’t already, please take a moment to nominate Tending the Table for the Saveur Blog Awards.
With gratitude, Sasha
7 thoughts on “Vermont”
What a beautiful time, Sasha! My step-father hails from Vermont, a part of the north that I’ve yet to spend time in – however, he is forever singing of its solidarity and beauty – both which you convey so well.
It really is the best place on earth! Where is he from?
Hi Sasha! So he is from a place called Bellows Falls. I’m really yearning to get back to the east coast and get up to Vermont for the first time. It’s crazy because I’ve been to every state up there BUT Vermont – what gives? It seems a place of serenity. xo
I would like so much to visit the Us. Even if we live in California now, we can’t afford to really travel 🙁
Fingers crossed for the future and thanks for making me travel within your photos ^_^
I loved the close up photos. It really inspired me. 🙂
Such lovely photos Sasha, and a perfect recap of all the wonderful things Vermont has to offer! Will definitely need to try that pizza when I’m in Vermont next.
Do it! They’re only open two days a week so make sure you check the schedule and bring your own drinks and salad for a picnic.