WHO WE ARE
Tending the Table is an internet-based Sole Proprietorship that aims to help people eat better for themselves and the planet. We share recipes, tips, inspiration, and other content online via social media and our website https://tendingthetable.com. We also offer in person workshops and events.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY
We collect your personal data when you subscribe to our site, leave a comment, or contact us via the contact form. This allows us to customize your experience and to engage with you in a meaningful way. We also use this data to track the performance of our services in order to help us improve our services to better serve you.
- SUBSCRIPTIONS: When you subscribe to this site and confirm your desire to receive email updates, we collect your email address. You can edit your subscription preferences at https://subscribe.wordpress.com
- COMMENTS: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- CONTACT FORM: If you contact us you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and IP address in cookies.
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed above. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
You may decline to provide us with your information, ask for a copy of your data, and/or ask that your information be removed. However, this will limit your ability to use our services.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
We take your privacy very seriously and never share personal information such as name, mailing address, email address, communications, or IP address with third parties. We may share your social media handles with our followers if you have engaged with us for a giveaway or other opportunity.
In some instances, we may also share your information with competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others or with our affiliates and promotional partners, so they can offer you special products, services, discounts, and other items or services. The data that is usually shared with affiliates and promotional partners is in aggregate and not at an individual level.
We never sell, rent, or trade your personal information.
We retain your information as long as you continue using this site.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time by visiting https://subscribe.wordpress.com (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws. If you would like to exercise any of the below rights, please contact us so that we may consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
- You have the right not to provide or withdraw your consent at any time.
- You may have the right to access the personal data that you provided us.
- You may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you.
- You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- You may have the right to require us to correct any of your personal data.
Because Tending the Table is a US-based company, your information will be collected and processed in the United States. The United States has its own laws governing data protection and government access to information. The rules that protect your personal information under United States law may be different than in your home country. By using this website and its services you are agreeing to the collection/transfer of your information according to United States law.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Please contact us with questions or concerns.